Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites Cares About Accessibility
Our goal for jacksonvilleplazahotel.com is to provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
To ensure this, Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing have been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms that are clearly labeled on the Rooms page. Each accessible room listing highlights it's accessible features for guests to make an informed decision on whether that room will meet their needs.
Hotel Accommodation Accessibility Features
- Due to the age and size of the property, we are only able to offer limited accessible features for those with disabilities. For a full description of these features, please contact our office directly prior to reserving a guest room.
- Our hotel offers a total of 5 ADA accessible rooms. They are available in the following room types:
- King Accessible Room - accessible bathroom, bathtub with grab bars, toilet grab bars, room entrance 35", visual doorbell, visual smoke alarm
- Coastal Queen Accessible Room - accessible bathroom, bathtub with grab bars, toilet grab bars, room entrance 35", visual doorbell, visual smoke alarm
- 1 Seaport Double with 2 Queen Beds - roll-in shower with grab bars, toilet grab bars, room entrance 35", visual doorbell, visual smoke alarm
- 4 handicap accessible parking spaces are available on-site
- The lobby and all common areas are accessible
- The property offers w hearing impaired equipment such as
- smoke detectors
- bed shakers
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
The color scheme of this hotel website uses contrasting colors and a large font size for optimal reading.
All images include descriptive ALT attributes.
All videos on this website allow the option to view with closed captions.
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our page sitemap for easy navigation at: www.jacksonvilleplazahotel.com/page-sitemap.xml
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Whilst the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you. If you find that something on our website is not accessible, we welcome your questions and suggestions.